Browse by keyword
- Accountability and Impact Measurement Standing Team
- Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR)
- ECB Case Studies
- ECB Country Consortia Learning
- ECB E-newsletters
- ECB Project Reports
- Emergency Staff Capacity Building
- Español - Recursos en Español
- Français - Ressources en Français
- Good Enough Guide Materials
- Horn of Africa
- Impact Measurement
- Joint Evaluations
- Joint Needs Assessment (JNA)
- Simulations Materials
- Staff retention
- Surge capacity
ECB Project on TwitterRT @unisdr: @amykirbyshire @ecbproject @ahammill_iisd You've been quoted in my #Storify story"GPDRR13: Some of Day Two."http://t.co/I34CO… 8 hours ago
Standing Team Deployments to Bangladesh and Bolivia
Published on 22 February 2012
Using funds from The Directorate General for Humanitarian Aid and Civil Protection (ECHO), each consortia will receive two to three Standing Team members to support them in the area of accountability and impact measurement.
- Bolivia’s deployment, scheduled for April 16-28, will be an AIM training for ECB agency staff and UNOCHA (Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs) staff.
- In Bangladesh, the deployment request for April 22-May 13 is to assess and document current agency practice in AIM by reviewing the Consortium Self-Assessment Survey (CSAS) data.
- In addition, the team may be deployed on an accountability-focused mission in West Africa with the global food security cluster.
Read more on the AIM Standing Team blog.
The Assessment Capacities Project (ACAPS), with support from ECB agencies and other stakeholders, under the overall coordination of the Humanitarian Country Task Team (HCTT), is in the process of organizing a joint needs assessment (JNA) in Bangladesh. The JNA will take place in the three affected districts of Patuakhali, Barguna and Bhola, following the impact of cyclone Mahasen. Read more
17 May 2013: ECB Project publish new Case Study on Simulations
The new case study addresses the questions ‘What is a simulation and why use them?’, before focusing on six different simulation types to compare, contrast and draw lessons from. Read more
16 May 2013: Government, donors and humanitarian community prepare for joint needs assessment after Cyclone Mahasen
Arout 50 representatives from the donor community and International Non-Governmental Organizations in Bangladesh have held a meeting at the Save the Children office to decide on a response plan for when Cyclone Mahasen makes landfall. Read more
15 May 2013: Humanitarian agencies prepare for cyclone Mahasen
ECB Project Agencies and ACAPS representatives are preparing for cyclone Mahasen which according to reports from the Bangladesh Meteorological Department is anticipated will make landfall around the Chittagong area on Thursday 16th May. Read more