Browse by keyword
- Accountability and Impact Measurement Standing Team
- Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR)
- ECB Case Studies
- ECB Country Consortia Learning
- ECB E-newsletters
- ECB Project Reports
- Emergency Staff Capacity Building
- Español - Recursos en Español
- Français - Ressources en Français
- Good Enough Guide Materials
- Horn of Africa
- Impact Measurement
- Joint Evaluations
- Joint Needs Assessment (JNA)
- Simulations Materials
- Staff retention
- Surge capacity
ECB Project seeking Intern in Oxford, UK
Published on 14 November 2011
Where will the role be based?
OXFAM GB, Oxford, UK – but also closely linked to CARE USA and four other international NGOs based in the USA.
What is the title of the role?
Humanitarian / ECB Project Communications Intern / Volunteer
How many days a week would the volunteer need to be available?
Minimum of 3 days, preferably 4 days
For what period of time would the volunteer need to be available?
Minimum of 3 months. Preferably longer
In what division and department is the role based?
Humanitarian / ECB Global Project Team
Brief description of the context of the role
Communications and Program Support for an inter-agency humanitarian project called the Emergency Capacity Building (ECB) Project.
What will the role involve?
- Support updating of Twitter, Facebook, website news and other social media platforms (20%)
- Copywriting for the project website and collating information for newsletter (30%)
- Supporting the further development of the project website (10%)
- Supporting the updating of the project intranet (20%)
- Administrative support to the program team, including managing translations of program work in Spanish, and taking minutes for conference calls (15%)
- Upload contacts to the project intranet (5%)
What skills and experience will the volunteer need?
- Excellent writing skills, in English
- Great communications and inter-personal skills
- Organized, and able to prioritize workload with support
- Knowledge of French and / or Spanish
- Good basic technical skills e.g. social media, websites and intranets
What can this role offer the volunteer?
- To learn about an innovative humanitarian initiative, involving Oxfam and other international NGOs
- To experience and develop skills vital to managing communications platforms, including intranets and websites
- An opportunity to hone writing and communications skills
- An opportunity to learn about Oxfam’ and several other international NGOs work in emergency response
Please send a CV and cover letter to:
ECB Project Communications Manager
+44 (0) 1865 473 937
Please send two examples of your written work, in English
Closing date for applications: December 6, 2011 (UK time zone)
Interview date: From 19 December 2011
Start date: As soon as possible following interview