Browse by keyword
- Accountability and Impact Measurement Standing Team
- Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR)
- ECB Case Studies
- ECB Country Consortia Learning
- ECB E-newsletters
- ECB Project Reports
- Emergency Staff Capacity Building
- Español - Recursos en Español
- Français - Ressources en Français
- Good Enough Guide Materials
- Horn of Africa
- Impact Measurement
- Joint Evaluations
- Joint Needs Assessment (JNA)
- Simulations Materials
- Staff retention
- Surge capacity
ECB Project seeking Intern in Washington DC
Published on 14 November 2011
|INTERN - EMERGENCY CAPACITY BUILDING PROJECT|
|Position Location:||WASHINGTON, DC|
|Hrs Per Week (Part Time):||20-30|
Our diversity is our strength; we encourage people from all backgrounds and experiences, particularly women, to apply.
CARE is seeking a dedicated intern to assist the Emergency Capacity Building (ECB) team. The ECB Project is a consortium of six NGOs, including CARE, that are working together to improve the speed, efficiency and effectiveness of emergency response.
The intern will help to support the ECB Project Director in the DC office, as well as to assist other ECB Project staff with meeting logistics (including note-taking), updating the website, monitoring social media, and helping to manage ECB Connect, the Project’s shared workspace.
The ECB Project covers a wide scope of topics such as inter-agency collaboration, national staff capacity development, disaster risk reduction and preparedness, and accountability and impact measurement. The intern will be encouraged to choose a particular area of interest and complete a special project related to that area, with the ECB Project staff and other agency staff available as advisors as necessary.
· High proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and PPT;
· Master’s degree preferred;
· Knowledge of website management and social networking media is a plus, but not required.
To apply please visit the job posting on the CARE website.