Inter-Agency AIM Standing Team
What is the AIM Standing Team?
Formed in Phase I of the ECB Project, the inter-agency accountability and impact measurement (AIM) Standing Team supports improved accountability practices across ECB agencies, through field deployments to build capacity, collaboration and learning.
Why is it useful?
In the field, good practice in accountability and impact measurement is quite limited, in part because field staff often lack the necessary skills and tools.
In the area of accountability and impact measurement, the ECB agencies have used a collaborative approach to form a Standing Team comprising members from all six ECB agencies, who are experienced humanitarian staff with the necessary accountability, monitoring, evaluation, and assessment experience, available for short-term deployments.
Their objectives are to:
- Champion accountability and impact measurement in their agencies
- Undertake joint deployments
- Practice accountability to one another and to their agencies by feeding back learning and sharing experiences.
In a typical deployment, over a two to four week period, two to four Standing Team members will carry out the work as defined in a terms of reference prepared for the assignment by interested country offices. Possibilities for deployments include:
- Joint evaluations of emergency programs
- Reviews to assess and document current practice of accountability and impact measurement and advise and assist field staff in making improvements
- Training, induction and coaching of field staff on accountability and impact measurement practices in emergencies, including on the Good Enough Guide
- Promote the implementation of lessons learnt from previous deployments and evaluations
- Documentation of field practice on accountability and impact measurement to share widely across agencies and encourage institutional change
While some agencies continue to manage an internal accountability Standing Team, the ECB project received funding to relaunch the inter-agency Standing Team in 2011. Over the past two years there have been a number of Standing Team deployments to ECB Field Consortia. You can download AIM Standing Team Deployment Reports from Bangladesh, April 2012, Bolivia, April 2012 and September 2012, Kenya, September 2012 and Indonesia, December 2012. In September 2011, the Standing Team’s first AIM learning workshop was held in Jakarta, Indonesia, hosted by CRS Indonesia. In November 2011, another learning workshop was held, specifically on joint evaluations.The final Learning Workshop was held in December 2012, a report is available to download now.
The AIM Standing Team initiative has now finished. Read about the learning and highlights from the AIM Standing Team initiative.
Post a Comment
Your comment will have to be approved by a site administrator before it is shown on the site so please be patient.