- View the Good Enough Guide
- Download PDF
- Good Enough Guide Training Module
- Communication Guidelines & Materials
- Accountability Learning
ECB Project on TwitterRT @unisdr: @amykirbyshire @ecbproject @ahammill_iisd You've been quoted in my #Storify story"GPDRR13: Some of Day Two."http://t.co/I34CO… 11 hours ago
The Good Enough Guide Training Module
Notes and Tools for Trainers
Why does this training matter?
This training is important to support the learning of staff who are being asked to implement accountability and impact measurement mechanisms and processes in their humanitarian projects. The module introduces the ‘good enough’ approach to accountability, a principle aimed at encouraging a practical approach to accountability in the field through the provision of simple tools in the Good Enough Guide.
The module is an attempt to consolidate the various training materials that have so far been developed so a consistent message is given to field practitioners. The module can be used for a ‘stand alone’ workshop, but should be adapted for different audiences and contexts. Elements of the module can be integrated with other accountability learning events, such as Sphere or HAP-I training.
Aim of the training
The aim of the training is to support applicable learning on accountability towards people and communities affected by disaster, through measurement of the impact of humanitarian projects, using the tools described in the Good Enough Guide.
By the end of the workshop participants will be able to:
- Describe the ‘basic elements’ of accountability and impact measurement,
- Share current thinking and practice on accountability and impact measurement,
- Link the tools in the Good Enough Guide with five principles of being accountable
- Assess personal and organisational capacity in relation to accountability and impact measurement,
- Outline a realistic plan of action to apply accountability practice in your projects.
Access the Training of Trainers modules
- Module 0 – Introductory activities This is an introductory module, to introduce the training objectives and the ground rules. Participants will also get to know each other.
- Module 1 – The key concepts This module provides an overview of the Good Enough guide and of key concepts.
- Module 2 – The 5 steps This module explores the 5 steps of AIM.
- Module 3 – The tools The point of this module is to familiarise participants with the various tools in the Good Enough Guide. It aims at linking the 5 steps of AIM with tools to realize them in practice.
- Module 4- Making accountability happen Participants will consider how they might apply what they have learned in their own work. This session allows participants to imagine how they can personally influence changes in their projects.
Complete Resource Package
This zip file contains everything you need to conduct a training of trainers in relation to Good Enough Guide. Included is an overview of the training program, as well as orientation activities, and presentations.